Monday, September 22, 2008

We've Arrived!

We made it to the Dominican uneventfully...thank goodness. We've gotten setup in the hotel and Scotty has gone to the mine today and we hope to get to see him on Wednesday evening. We went to church on Sunday, but between the feedings, crying, and dirty diapers I didn't get to participate much in the worship service. This season of life won't last long though.

It's sunny in the mornings and usually rains off and on in the evenings. There is a playground that we ventured out to this afternoon after naptime. I'm reading a good book about 4 Dominican sisters murdered by the DR Dictator Trujillo while the kids take naps.

So far I either eat here at the hotel or at a Italian restaurant just a few steps away. I'm still a little too nervous to go any farther when I'm without a stroller and have a 2yr old that is in the 1st stages of wearing panties all the time and seems to always need to use the bano when Darton is crying and we're sitting down to eat. This too shall pass...I laugh on the inside though as I write this and think of the servers thinking "that poor woman" :).

We are currently sitting in the business center and I'm typing furiously before my time runs out on the computer...but more so becuase this isn't the best place for kids.

I hope to have time this weekend on Scott's computer to dwnload pictures and tell you more about life here in the DR. Until then....

No comments: