Monday, July 6, 2009

Sunday Best


Aunt Trenia bought Adeline the cutest cherry dress and she wore it for the first time to church yesterday. Mama Geer made Darton's outfit for one of Scotty's brothers and now we're getting to use it! Darton is also wearing Stride Rite sandals Mama has kept "just in case." Thanks Mama!

Notice that we have now reached the age that we want to look at the camera! Yeah!
Adeline started week 2 of school and is still in love with it. She brought home lots of things that she made and talks about what she did. This weekend Adeline decided that she can now take showers! Last Fall she screamed every time we took a bath because she didn't want to get water in her face. In January or so I figured out that I could count to 10 or sing a song to calm her down while washing her hair. This calmed her down because she knew that once I got to 10 or to the end of the song that we were finished. Around April she became completely comfortable with washing her hair and more rational about the whole process. Now here we are about 7 months later taking showers!! She still wants to lay down while I use the hand held shower head to rinse the soap out, but SO WHAT! Atleast she's not screaming!
Everything has its season...biblical advice from Eccleciastes that I MUST remember in all things with my children!


1 comment:

BradandJen said...

I remember that outfit. So cute! Good reminder about everything has it's time. I was just thinking that this morning when she was being a pain while nursing. It will be over soon enough and then I'll probably miss it.