Wednesday, July 28, 2010

After a Year and a Half...

After a year and half I had to clean a toilet today; and not only a toilet, but my sheets, floors, and bathtub. Then on top of that I have to prepare meals, clean my dishes, cut my fruit, wash vegetables, iron clothes, and make fresh lemonade. {over the course of the week}
WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO????
After a 6 week of tension with having Ana in my home, we came home two weeks ago from the airport with my parents to find a letter stating that she quit. I cried in shock, hurt, and disappointment and then I became angry. This week I'm happy and relieved to not have to manage a person in my home. Although I have a sick feeling in my stomach about talking to her, I know as a Christian, that we need to meet and discuss the issue.
We all have at different times an "easy way out." I need to choose the high road by meeting with her and hold her accountable as a Christian to take the high road too.
Good-bye Latin lifestyle, for now.
p.s. I still don't have to pick up a mop since Theo, our gardener
who comes M/W/F, cleans the downstairs floors and
takes care of the garden and pool.
So really, do I have it that bad? I mean really, he even carries in my groceries!
One of the benefits of cleaning my own home: my children are learning lots about helping mommy; including what Soft Scrub, gloves, and a rag look like ;)

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

What happened with Ana?!

Lisa Haveman said...

So sorry to hear about your troubles with Ana and I hope you'll be able to work things out. Sorry but I can't sympathize with you having to clean your house now since, I've never had a live in maid before :) It DOES sound great! If it helps, I suggest making up a cleaning schedule for you and the kids and doing a little bit every day. That way you're not cleaning everything in one big day and feeling like it's "dirty" the rest of the week. Love ya sister and hang in there! We still pray for you guys every Wed night!