Thursday, November 10, 2011

Before We Head to Texas

I wanted to share a few snapshots of the past week before we leave for Texas on Saturday late afternoon. You can keep us in your prayers as I will be traveling alone with the 3 kids, plus little man in my belly. The stress of the trip is only having an hour layover in Ft Lauderdale (an airport I've yet to use). My faithful God has spoken gently to my anxious soul that He has my best interest in mind, so I am resting in that....or trying to rest in that. A Christian sister prayed at the Bible study that I would have a fun time with my kids on our trip to TX. I needed to be told that and it has become my goal.

On to pictures...

If we do get to extend our contract next September, I think this would be one of the reasons high on Scott's list why we should stay here longer - Theo puts the Christmas tree together, not Scott.
Scotty brought home a cocoa for us to enjoy.
Slimy cocoa seeds are in the center.
We sucked off the slime and put them on a baking sheet to dehydrate. The Dominicans dehydrate the seeds in the sun (we see them laying on the side of the highway) and we assume they wait until the slime is off the seeds before opening the cocoa. The next day Scott ground the dried seeds to make fresh coco.
We enjoyed having brothers and sisters over from church last Saturday afternoon and we introduced one couple to smores.
We took a couple of family pictures at church on Sunday. This isn't good of us all, but you can see my 22wk belly.

I guess I should take a picture of our decorated Christmas tree. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow...

1 comment:

Lisa Haveman said...

loving your beautiful belly AND am so happy you're having a boy!! How does Adeline feel about that? We'll be praying for you safe and non-stressful flight and, a fun time in TX! love ya