Saturday, December 3, 2011

Inspiration from Christian Sisters

A girlfriend passed along this blog to me and it is exactly the inspiration we need for this Christmas season.

For the past week we have begun putting together a Christmas tree on the wall out of smaller Christmas trees that have a note about Jesus on them. I got the idea off of one of the Merry Christmas radio series on Revive Our Hearts that I mentioned in the last blog. The speaker wrote attributes of Jesus on the trees. We are doing it a little different in that I ask the kids if they can tell me something about Jesus. I usually prompt them as in the last tree we decorated, "Where was Jesus born?" For now I'm sticking with what knowledge they know about Jesus to put on the trees and then we will start putting new information on as well.
We began learning Hark! The Herald Angels Sing and then made these angels out of our feet and hands. I'm so glad we have the internet to search for craft ideas! We will use the hymn to help us learn more about Jesus as well and what we can write on our trees.

We started making pomanders today.
Now to look into how we can or if we want to celebrate Advent...although we're getting a late start!

No comments: