Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A God Thing

I was in bed ready to read myself to sleep when I realized I didn't write about how our home is completely and totally a God thing!
We've house hunted before (for 2yrs actually) and it was during that process that we learned God has the perfect house for perfect price for us. I remember looking at houses in Elko that I thought, "yeah I could picture my stuff here." But I wasn't 100% sold. Then came along the house we desired (non split-level and unfinished basement) for the perfect price! God took care of us.
Flashforward to last Fall when we begun seriously house hunting after living in an apartment on a super busy street for a year. Remember the neon green house I posted about last Fall? There were things about the house that were fine, but I'd rather they be different (i.e. playroom on 2nd level, 2 awkard sized sitting areas, no grass). The house was priced at $200 over our budget and although monthly that might not be much, yearly it can turn into plane tickets for the whole family to go home! So we didn't go forward with the green house...I know so many of you are bummed ;)
Let me tell you that our current home monthly rent was dropped by $1000 from the original asking price and she put bars on all windows and installed 3 air cons! Then she put in a generator that could probably light a sporting complex. I'm telling ya...it was God. All I wanted was some grass...seriously. But with the grass came a 5200sqft home and a pool. I mean come on...can God bless, or CAN GOD BLESS!!

p.s. I would have NEVER EVER written $200 a month doesn't sound like much in NV! The price of living here is just that high.

1 comment:

Lisa Haveman said...

Yes, God is so good!! You have a beautiful home!