Sunday, April 29, 2012

Can Young Children Understand the Bible?

I'm continuing to enjoy the radio program on www.reviveourhearts.com and this 3 part series linked below is definitely worth hearing. I was challenged by the idea to read the Bible every day to my kids. We read The Jesus Storybook Bible a lot and we are working our way through Sally Micheal's God's Names. We regularly read portions of Scripture out of our Bible to the kids, but to read a chapter a day?? Wow! I honestly don't see reading at breakfast working for us right now (although at least Matthias would be strapped down), but I can see reading in my bed. The kids would definitely think that is special.
However as the first and third part of the series points out, I need to pray that my kids have a hunger for God's Word. The specialness of reading in mommy's bed won't last forever. I thank God, literally, that I have been blessed with that hunger. I've realized recently that not Christians have....

Let me know if you decide to start reading with your kiddos.
Can Young Children Understand the Bible?

Thank you Carrie Ward...an everyday mama.

No comments: