Monday, April 9, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

My mom, the kids, and I all flew back to the DR last Thursday. Our 3 hour layover turned into a 9 hour layover and the airline had sent my stroller through with the luggage! It was quite miserable, especially since my mom and I were running off of only 3 hours sleep. I am still catching up on sleep....
 Macklin was just 3 weeks old the day we flew home. Adeline was taking her turn holding Macklin. You can imagine how hard it was to hold either a 3 week hold or chase after a 16mth old for 9 hours.
Grandmommie and the kids on Easter morning. Even preparing Darton 2 hours in advance that we are going to take a picture doesn't mean he will cooperate. 



 

I was quite overwhelmed looking at four Easter baskets sitting on the coffee table. Just last year Matthias was celebrating his first Easter at 4 months old with not a single hint of a thought that I would have another child the next Easter. But here we are with four Easter baskets and enough children in my house to not have to invite other children over to have a fun Easter egg hunt! Blessed, yes. Overwhelmed, yes. But it's keeping me dependent on my sovereign God.

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

haha!
No, thanks.
I just traveled by air for the first time with my kids, and they're 11, 14 and 15. (And our 18-year-old exchange student!) That was enough for me. So glad your mom was with you to shoulder some of the load.

Oh, and as far as the picture? I have come to EXPECT my son to be goofy in them. If he isn't making a face, something's wrong. *wink*