Monday, June 22, 2009

Sleepy Weekend

Friday we joined friends at a hotel pool and Friday night Nick, Rosalynn, and thier kids came over. Friends help you get back into the swing of life when you've been gone for a while.

Darton was a wild man! The kiddie pool was low enough that he would crawl around on his hands. He doesn't suck in water when he goes under, and just comes up laughing.


Scotty's desire for Father's Day wkend was to sleep! So sleep we did...a couple of naps during the day and in bed by 10:30p.

On Saturday midday we went to the near-by park and I witnessed my first mugging. The thief came near us to check us out and my radars immediately went off. He greeted us with a "Que lindo (how cute)" and walked on. I got suspicious again when he with two others came back through the playground area walking in a triangle with a bit of distance between each of them. On the jogging trail I noticed a gentleman running with his young son riding a bike. Ten minutes or so goes by along with other joggers and I hear a boy crying. I turn to see that the runner, his son, and the other joggers have returned to the area and the suspicious man in a split second jumps on the man's back and then runs off. I asked the joggers what happened and they told me the man's necklace was stolen. I was absolutely amazed at how fast it all happened. Scotty missed it all, and although I hate that the muggin happened it was good for me to remember to keep my guard up even when I'm not alone. It was also good to know that my "radar" went off at the right time. Odd thing is, the robber is known in the park by others.
This is a Mimosa Tree. They are blooming throughout the park.
This video is of Darton imitating his sister spitting out watermelon seeds.
Scotty requested waffles for breakfast and tortilla/black bean soup and key lime pie for lunch. The Carribean is one of two places for Key Limes, so I enjoyed making my first Key Lime pie. Since it was my first, I just followed the recipe directions I came across first. The directions said to bake, so bake I did and we ended up with a pie neither one of us had eaten before. Oh well...he went with the flow and it still tasted fine.

Denny, Cynthia, and Liah came over for lunch. Adeline insisted on performing Mama Mia twice for them (pretty sure I've created a monster!) and then she went home with them for a couple of hours. Cynthia asked, "Adeline, do you want to go to our house." And much to Cynthia's surprise Adeline answered yes! So our little girl is growing up. She packed her bag and waved good-bye for an afternoon of smell goods (lotions & such) with Liah.

No comments: