Thursday, June 16, 2011

Art, Snails, Mud, & Pacifiers

Adeline began working on drawing farm animals this week with a book a friend recommended - Draw, Write, Now. She's having lots of fun with it, but I would recommend purchasing tracing paper. The book encourages writing about your picture as well. There are 6 steps to learn how to draw each figure.
The church youth came over on Saturday night and I talked to the girls about their bodies and making decisions as women and Scott talked to the boys about courtship.
Matthias sucking on his paci.
Matthias eating his paci! This is his new and regular trick.
Adeline with a very small snail. She even lets the big ones crawl on her! This past Monday Adeline woke up in a very pleasant mood and while she and I were sitting at the breakfast table she asked, "Mommy, is God waiting on us to pray." It was a very nice start to our day for her to willingly pray with me. As she left the table I called out, "Hey, will you..." She replied, "Mommy, my name isn't hey. That's what I say to Darton when he's a horse." What a sweet moment!
Darton "working" with his boots after rain water collected in the sandbox.
We went to a children's performance of Disney's Aristocats. It was fun. However my male 3 year old son's one comment about the show...."The white cats didn't have on panties." SERIOUSLY!?! [they really did a good job wearing an appropriate layer under the skintight white costume]
Matthias should be crawling soon, but maybe it will be another 2mths. He's up on his knees way before my other two even thought about it. His second tooth is coming in which is a good two months before my first two even got their first!
We leave for the States on Saturday and will visit Texas, Nevada, & Arkansas over the next month.

No comments: