Saturday, August 11, 2012

8th Anniversary

We celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary this last Tuesday and instead of going out on the town, we enjoyed a "fancy" dinner with the kids. I set the table with china and name tags, and they even got to sip sangria for the festivity :). I wouldn't have even thought to celebrate in this way if I hadn't just recently read about "theme dinners" in Jean Flemming's A Mother's Heart

 The kids and I got dressed up to surprise Daddy.
 Adeline and her jewels.

 Matthias enjoyed blowing out the candles over and over.
The evening was a great opportunity to teach table manners as well...minus the 20 month old wearing no diaper and sitting on the table to blow out the candles ;)

I don't know which I am more in awe of...that I've been married for 8 years and have known Scott for a decade or that we have four children...yes, I am still in shock with that one. Just glad God knew was was going to happen ;)

No comments: