Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pictures from August

Here are a few memories of August.

Directly before this "dogpile" on daddy the kids put on a their first stage performance of King Nebecenezzer and God to reinforce the idea that God is the Most High (God's Names by Sally Michael). I of course expected a Broadway performance for the first go around...Scott had a lot more grace :)
 Macklin
 Matthias wishing he was Macklin :)
 Adeline turned 6!
 What a smile!
 Nonnie came to visit for Adeline's birthday and then helped me fly to TX with the kids late August. Nonnie quilted this number book that has pages with chalkboard paper to write on with chalk! Super cool!
 I tried my hand at a Minnie Mouse cake for Adeline's party.
 We've been discussing "storing up treasures in heaven" and how grand heaven will be. Adeline imagines that she will have glittery Minnie Mouse ears :)
 I took my big boy on a date. We were asked by a young boy working on the streets as we entered and left Krispy Kremes for money and/or food. We gave him our water...the VERY least we could have done. Whey didn't we treat him with a donut? Maybe other's have, maybe other's haven't. Lots of life for me recently has come to seem like Solomon observed....vanity. I think the poverty in my face each day is one of the reasons for this conviction.

 Darton decided to do schoolwork with us! I was so super excited!

A girlfriend from high school treated us to a Frisco, TX Rough Rider's game. My proudest moment was when the kids sang along the entire song of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame!" Thank you Grandmommie and Nonna for teaching all the "extras" in life :)




No comments: