Saturday, December 13, 2008

Adeline Growing Up

On Friday we had a big day of the park, making muffins, shoe shopping, and then making pizza dough for our dinner.
You wouldn't believe how many muffin recipes need brown sugar in them. These Dominicans don't know what they are missing out on not having it in their country.
This was our third shoe shopping trip this week. The only shoes my kids have are sandals and that just won't work in December in TX. I thouht I'd be a good frugal shopper and go to Payless...come to find out that wasn't any cheaper than namebrand here. Maybe I'm just naive to the prices in the U.S., but Adeline's tennis shoes were $30. I expected to only have to pay $15-20. Any experienced Payless shoppers have an opinion on this?





Here are a couple of pictures of Adeline helping. It is a lot of fun (and sometimes frustrating) with her trying to help. I am enjoying this age. She continues to surprise us with new phrases. For instance, we were shopping for toys to give away to other children when she came upon a toy and said "I lov-ed this." It was hillarious. Guess I need to watch how I use the word "love."




Most Dominican kitchens do not have a dishwasher and we're one of them. Maybe within four years Adeline will be a pro! Sometimes I think, what did I get done today?? And then I remember that a good portion of the day was just spent washing dishes. It is NOT a fun chore.

No comments: