Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Not Always the Dog

Today had it's share of more than enough cleaning up pee!!! Most of you probably won't want to read beyond this line....

Some people blog to vent...this is what this blog entry is for me. For some reason Adeline decided that she wasn't going to use the potty today. That means 4 poop-filled panties and an equal amount of pee ones. I had made the decision to spank her today for her laziness, and most of the time I did. By 5pm I decided to try time out. It didn't affect her either because within the hour she had done it again. Let's break from Adeline, shall we?

Sarah wasn't having a good potty day either. It wasn't the worst day, but not the best either. I decided it wasn't the best day when my undergarment that was air drying fell into her diarrea! Sarah spent most of the afternoon on the porch for her misbehavior, which means she played in her urine all afternoon. Now I must do what I WAS NOT ever going to do...wash the dog. I geared up with my cleaning gloves on and got through cleaning Sarah with no big shakes.

Now I needed to clean up the porch in order for my clean dog to use the restroom after her meal tonight. Well that turned into a fiasco when I couldn't figure out how to get the sprayer off and now my dining room had puddles of water in it that the dog was running through. I thought I'd try the Dominican way of cleaning and get the good ole regular mop to soak it up...forget that! I had to bring out the trusty Rubber-maid that I can squeeze water out with a handle instead of my hands.

(side note: it is now almost 9pm and there is a random dude TRYING to play a trumpet outside as well as some random bass noise and a man on an intercom that talks ever so often)

Back to cleaning up water...When I went to go turn off the water in the laundry room, the hose hadn't been put on correctly and there was water spraying everywhere in there as well.

(side note: random trumpet player and bass noise has now turned into a full blown concert!)

I get the dining room and porch cleaned up to discover my daughter taking off her wet panties. I tell her to go get on her chair that is in the hallway for her time out. I start cleaning the laundry room up and she's just-a singing away "Jesus Loves Me." Probably 10 minutes later I head to tell her to get up and there is a puddle of pee under the chair (which earlier this week she had also done at the table and Darton found it while crawling around). It's the first time I've put my daughter to bed while being angry with her. It's NOT a good feeling.

I decided to post this story b/c I know I will one day look back and laugh. I must say that I even have a smirk on my face right now. The day was just that ridiculous ;)

3 comments:

Lisa Haveman said...

I'm sorry but I'm already laughing at reading this...as you will do eventually! The good news is that tomorrow is a new day to try again and I bet everyone (Adeline & Sarah) will 'get it'. Good luck my friend! You're a trooper for sticking to your guns with the potty training.. I was amazed that you stuck with it during your move :) Super mom!!

Jaye said...

I have no idea what it's like to be a mom, but I watched or heard about several people having bad days today... just thought I'd mention some funny stories. Today I was on the phone with my mom and she was so jittery that she dropped a lot of things and burned herself on a frying pan and had a hard time keeping up with the hashbrowns she was cooking while talking to me. Later today, one of my housemates was talking to me when her boyfriend walked in with a single red rose. It was so romantic she ran toward him, knocking over a glass pitcher and a glass bowl in the process. Both those things went flying and shattered tiny pieces of glass across two different rooms. Then I, in my bare feet, found more glass we hadn't swept up, and picked some up with my hands, cutting myself in the process. That's just a few of the incidents today... I think today has been a universally rough day. Glad we made it through :)

BradandJen said...

So this is what I have to look forward to :) This is when I think, man it must be nice to go to work every day.