Monday, May 4, 2009

Coocoo from Cocoa

We've had some challenging afternoon naps this last week. Adeline has accomplished everything from destroying her closet to covering herself head to toe in Destin diaper cream while she is suppose to be taking her nap. This past Friday topped them all!
As some of you know, I call Friday my "Sanctification Day" because it's the day I have to work on my character the most in relation to how I react and respond to my children while juggling household responsibilities (Ana nor Soctt is home on Friday - I face the real challenges of being a mommy). I failed miserably at my sanctification day this past Friday, but I'm not Catholic and your not the Pope, so we won't go into details.
I put the kids down for their naps and I fell asleep in my room listening to Adeline singing down the hall in her room. I slept so hard that when I woke up 30minutes later I didn't know what day it was.

I walked into the kitchen to see this -
Adeline decided to get out the dark chocolate cocoa powder during her naptime. She covered the floor with it, mixed it with a couple of cups of water, poured some on Sarah's pee papers, and a good bit on Sarah to make her white fur brown. I reached a new level of anger on Friday when I saw the mess. Then I reached a whole new level of anger when I cleaned for an hour and still didn't get it all up. Then another new level of anger when my daughter was singing a happy song while I was cleaning and crying. And finally the top level of anger I have every felt when while I was trying to clean Sarah she shook cocoa water all over me and everything in the laundry room.

3 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

I have soooo been there....with Crisco. I was nursing Luke (before we switched to formula, so it would have been birth-9 weeks somewhere) and I came out and she had spread Crisco everywhere, even her hair!!!

Anyway, I am sooo sorry and know that I am also learning patience and sanctification- well, maybe not learning it, but at least being given the opportunity. ;) This is SOOO hard, being in a foreign country with 2 totally different kids who need you all the time and very little backup. I will be praying for you.

Danny Patterson said...

Now THAT, is an impressive mess. Seriously, though, we feel your pain and will be in prayer for your Sanctification Fridays...what about Sanctfication Saturdays? The S's go so well together :)

Skye said...

This post is just plain awesome!!! In all my years of motherhood...I have NEVER seen such a mess, so congratulations! Hat's off to you and that precocious little girl. LOL!!!