Thursday, January 29, 2009

Help, Nightly Visitor, Trash

Last Saturday we drove to the countryside to look at a car to buy - Toyota Prado (not found in the States). We plan to go back this Saturday to pick it up. Who knew that our perfect car would be found outside the city? Ok..well God did and hank you that He worked it all out for us. It's the perfect vehicle for the perfect $. Well...perfect price in that $15,000US is the cheapest you can spend on a vehicle here that won't leave us stranded in a pothole! It's a safe bet to say that it's probably the most $ we will see my hubby buy a car for....but has he ever bought me something that wasn't nice even if it was cheaper than average???? There was that one Valentine's Day.... ;)


Sunday our friends Denny & Cynthia and Edwin & Maria came over for some Egyptian Vegetables. We stepped out on the front porch to wave good-bye and found a nice PVC pipe hanging from the power line - it's your guess how it got there and unfortunately it's not coming down until a big gust of wind catches it.
Monday was a National Holiday here and we had 2 Barrick families over. It was a nice BBQ. Both families are South African and I asked who had the big screen TV for the SuperBowl this Sunday. They asked "what's the SuperBowl"? We're no longer in Kansas, Toto!


The big news for the week was the addition to our family! Ana, the young woman who was coming once a week to clean, is now living with us Monday through Wednesday. She is a much more helpful additon to our family that Sarah was last Fall :). Speaking of our Sarah..she is doing good and going through the potty training process which means about 22hrs of her day is spent in a room with paper right now. Next week she'll be able to be with us more in the entire house.

Ana has lifted so much stress off of my back. I no longer spend my days grinding my teeth. She is a Christian woman which makes a world of difference and the kids love her.



On Tuesday night I was turning off the computer and straightening the desk area around 11p when I discovered a little nightly visitor sitting under some receipts. After gathering my breath and thoughts about what to do about this little creature that I was not dare going to touch, I went downstairs and got the guardsman. All I was able to tell him in Spanish was "come to my apartment," "little animal" and then stick my tongue in and out to imitate the lizard. He was really confused and had a good laugh when he saw it.

And this wasn't a small calculator! I guess dust and noise isn't the only thing coming in our windows.

No comments: