Saturday, January 31, 2009

Boca Chica


We had the itchin' to go to the beach today since we weren't heading to Bonao to buy the car (waiting for paycheck to go through). We decided on Boca Chica, a very popular beach that's only 30min away. We found the perfect spot away from all the barely dressed crowd farther down the beach. I unpleasantly discovered on a stroller walk to put Darton to sleep that a handful of people thought were on a nude beach in the more populated area. It was a good day of R&R in the sun.

We witnessed a baptism from a distance .

Did we tell you we bought a yacht?

Our little ham.
Darton can now suck out of a straw.


And I guess I should tell you about our scare...I was holding on to Darton in a blue floaty while Adeline was walking around. She walked away from me without me noticing into the deeper water. A man from the beach yelled "mira" (look). I turned around to see that Adeline was completely under the water trying to come up for air. I let go of Darton to grap her and in result when Darton flipped out of his floaty. I made it back to him with Adeline now in my arms and Scotty running out to us. It was not a fun moment and one that made me reevaluate my "relaxed" parenting skills. Strangers walking by in the water also came to help out. Praise God only some water was swallowed which Adeline promptly got out of her system. Darton wasn't under long enough to suck in much water. It took the rest of the afternoon though for him to want to get back into a floaty. Adeline also eventually wanted to walk in the water without holding your hand.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whew..i'm glad that everything is ok. i had good scare with jessie with one of the horses when she was about 2-everything seemed like it was in slow motion.