Monday, October 11, 2010

Christmas & Pregnancy in the DR

I'm thinking I must have been 33wks in the pic. No one told me my shirt was pulling like that! Horse riding in the fair grounds.
As soon as October hits, the stores break out the Christmas supplies and this fellow living here thought it was time to display his Christmas lights! Guess when you don't celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving, might as well throw up the Christmas decor 2 months in advance.
There is ample pregnancy parking and family parking in the DR. Crazy, huh? When you are pregnant here you don't have to wait in line either! Even Krispy Kremes was going to let me jump ahead in line. I love it and hate it. Most people waiting in a line here don't have a pleasant look on their face, so I hate to jump in line ahead of them.
The kids love stacking boxes and making houses out of them.

10 days til TX! Did I tell you Scott called AA and asked all the right questions to get us upgraded to business & first class for a whopping $17/person/flight? Of course $17 wasn't the AA employee's first answer. You just have to make sure to ask the right questions.

We've also found out that about a 1/2c of white vinegar to our dishwasher load keeps the hard water spots off of the dishes and our machine white as snow.

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

LOVE the randomness of this post. :)

Jaye said...

I'm really curious about the vinegar... I am tired of "spotty" dishes! ;) It's been a while since I've caught up with y'all... hope your flight was good and you're enjoying your time. PS I'm coming to Fort Worth for a few days in December.