Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Matthias Scott!

It was so much fun to celebrate Matthias' first birthday with family. We celebrated in TX with my family and then in Florida with Scott's family. My family's tradition is to buy a cake for birthdays, while Scott's family makes a cake. We got to do both :) The caterpillar cake was Jenny's great idea!
Oh my sweet Matthias. The number one comment we get about him, is how happy he is. And yes, he is full of joy. I can not wait to see the toddler and child he will grow in to since Adeline and Darton have exactly the temperament/personality now that they had when they were babies.
A day has yet to go by that Matthias has not put a smile on my face. His name means "Gift of God" and it is so very fitting! I tell people he is going to use his personality to spread the Gospel. I pray my sweet boy that you will always carry the Word of God with you.

He is so very excited to ring his bells he got for his birthday!
He is constantly in this position wanting me to hold him. However, he dearly loves his daddy just as much and will beg his as well to pick him up :)
He's not walking solo, but he did take 3 itty bitty steps to me today. Thank you for your prayers on November 12. If you will recall, we had an hour layover between flights in Ft Lauderdale. The Lord gave me a peace only He can give as we:
1. boarded our first plane which was running late
2. waited 30 minutes for our luggage (and we still needed to go through customs, recheck our bags, go through security, and then board the 2nd flight)
3. and literally ran to get on the 2nd flight since they had announced "last call" for our flight while we were in the security line.
I sat in COMPLETE awe when I took my seat on the 2nd flight. I couldn't wait to worship my God in church the next day!

Wednesday before Thanksgiving, we met Scott in FL to spend the rest of our trip with his family. Both our TX an FL visits were great. It was nice to only be gone for 2 wks as opposed to 3 or 4 weeks. I just about cried when we landed in the DR last night. For some strange reason, I really need to be home right now...as in here in the DR. I can't believe that this is home now, but it is.

The kids with Nonnie in Vero Beach, FL
Kids with Cousin Ella on the playground after we watched a rocket launch for Mars.

No comments: