Thursday, April 8, 2010

Growing Up

My little boy will be 2 this Sunday and everyday he reminds me with his vocabulary how old he is getting. Within the last month Darton began saying full sentences. I love this age! I don't know why Scott and I are so surprised when he communicates so clearly with us...but every single time we look at each other in amazement at how "big" he is. Here's a few of his sentences/phrases:

I find it. (suppose to be "found")
Me first.
My turn. Your turn. He insisted at his 2yr check up yesterday that it was "my turn" instead of "his turn." He was happy as a clam until he saw the doctor in the hallway. All those "shot" memories came pouring back into his little head! The rest of the visit was pure screaming...but did I really expect less?
Where's daddy going?
Put clothes on.
Want some? I want some.
Ad-e-line (yeah! all 3 syllables)
Baba please (yes, he is still on a bottle, but for the last 3 days we have been enforcing only one in the morning and one at night)
Baba chin (chin is the dominicanism for "a little bit." So he's asking for a little bit in a bottle. Too cute!)
I get you.
Watch me.
That's funny.
Mmmm. I like it.
I like your dress. (He's learned well from his sister ;) )
He's also learned from his sister that when mommy asks a question that you don't want to answer you just respond with "No, nothing."
Until two weeks ago his "yes" was always "si." He officially abandoned that when English dominated the house with my parents here.
Bed time went so well tonight! Another reminder that my kids are growing up...which is why we're adding another :)
I took the pictures of both kids tonight to remember this perfect night of bedtime. Darton has now started going to bed with an array of toys. I really don't mind because he just plays himself to sleep. Tonight for the FIRST time he said he didn't want to rock and wanted to be with his truck and book in bed. Once I put him in, he initiated "Goodnight, momma" and "I love you." Now tomorrow night will probably be a different story!
Little Princessa below did everything she was asked of tonight in order to prep for bed. She got herself dressed, pulled out her bed, turned off her room light, turned on her closet light, plugged in the bathroom nightlight, and began reading while waiting for me to finish with Darton!!! And you can tell she was quite proud! :)
It's 9:40p and the lastest I've been to bed all week. This nauseousness is killing me! The kids are being troopers though and understand that the baby in my tummy is causing mommy to be sick. Adeline tells the baby to "stop making mommy sick." Darton today informed me he now has a baby in his tummy. Adeline informed us last week that she has a kangaroo in hers! And we're not the only people she tells!! Hilarious.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those bed time pictures are so sweet! And we love the twilight turtle too! Sorry you've been feeling puny, but don't worry, its over before you know it. I felt so good after I stopped feeling sick that I almost got a puppy! But I got the sense knocked back into me, thankfully...

Miss Mommy said...

I am quite impressed with Darton's vocab- well done, little man. I am also impressed with bedtime routine. Good job, Mama. :)