Tuesday, April 6, 2010

When We Get Sick

I've been meaning to post this now for a few weeks. When I find something that works for us I can't wait to tell other people :)

When the kids show signs of a weakened immune system, I give them
I will also pump their systems with Sambucus before traveling.

When they are having nasal problems, I give them
This last go around they had a nagging coufh and runny nose that people around us were saying they had had for a month. So I went to the local organic store and found a Hyland's product...healed in two days.
On a semi-regular basis they are given Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries Multivitamin. When Scotty starts feeling ill he pumps his immune system with Vitamin C and Echinacea. If he feels like it's a bit more serious than a minor cold, he takes

I just finished making my first homeopathic tincture - ImLife Tincture and we'll use that especially for Scott and I like I do the Sambucus for the kids and if we run out of Sumbucus then I can give it to the kids. We'll see how it works. Hope these products work as well for you as they do for us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there, found your blog from Emily Malone. But I am all about fighting sicknesses, especially if I can use something a bit more natural too! Question: I have a 8 month old- when is he able to use some of these products?
-Joy Price

Geer Family said...

Joy, How great! Sambucus recommends from age 1 to 6 1tsp daily or 1-2tsp 2x daily for intensive use. So you could maybe try 1/2tsp with the 8mth old. We started Sinusin w/my 3yr old when se was 15mths. I'm pretty sure we used it with Darton before he was one. But it recommends to consult a dr if under 2yrs. Don't try the Hyland's product b/c I girlfriend tried it on her infant and it gave her intense tummy pain. We've used different Heel products for our kids when they were under 1yr (Viburcol & Traumeel www.heelusa.com). Hope this helps!