Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thoughtful Husband and Helpful Gardener

Scott leaves for work on Monday mornings around 5:30a.m., but he managed to get all my coffee stuff ready with a note for me when I waddled into the kitchen at 7:30am. He purposely got out the "best mom" mug and wrote his "y" backwards like he did in his love letters from college. Isn't it a beautiful thing how God puts the perfect two people together?

Darton's most FAVORITE job is to follow Theo around the yard the three days a week Theo works here. It's a boy's dream to have a man figure around to do "manly" things with all day long.  Most days Darton wakes up and says "I'm going to work. I need my work jeans." 
 I took this picture of Matthias because he still has the longest and beautiful eyelashes like the day he was born.
 One of the fun activities we do is story telling.  I bought books with nursery rhymes and nursery tales and laminated all of the characters. We don't have to stick to the original story of course! Scott has recently started making up stories for the kids at bedtime. They love it! Sometimes the story is a true Biblical story, but it makes it so much more fun if daddy tells it rather than reads it.

The kids and I are heading to Cabarete (3hr drive through mtns) tomorrow morning to meet a girlfriend flying in from Dallas. Scott leaves for TX for his brother's wedding on Thursday night and will return Monday night. The kids and I return Friday late afternoon for a LOOOONG weekend without daddy. Don't worry, I'm taking the nanny with me to Cabarete and will be calling in reinforcements as needed on Saturday and/or Sunday. 
This mama's body aches most of the day with little peanut pushing up on my left rib cage, so I have to have lots of help with Matthias. He adores Theo...actually he says Theo's name and NOT mine! Theo has been a huge help recently taking Matthias outside and giving my body a break. Who knew the gardener would be such a big part of my family. "sigh" I wonder what life will be like without him when we leave the DR someday.  I wonder what his life will be like....

No comments: