Thursday, January 26, 2012

34 weeks and My Baby Outside the Womb

I had someone try to give me encouraging words about these last few weeks of pregnancy that "I would get to hold my baby soon."  But that idea makes me cry because I already have a baby to hold! 
And here is my sweet baby at almost 14 months. I know moms all over the world manage having children this close together and I know God's timing is perfect in all things, but that doesn't mean it's going to be easy.  My baby does think he is a big boy. He attempted to ride this tricycle yesterday and picked up the broom to sweep today.  He is soaring with signing all of his needs to us. We are the ones who can't keep up with him! He is more strong headed than my first two, and that really has taken me by surprise. When Matthias is angry he will grab and throw anything in his reach. Yesterday he picked up a heavy basket of plastic animals to dump all of the animals out in anger! He's so little his tantrums make you laugh, but he is also very, very aware of what he is doing and trying to see how we will react. A few days ago he even threw himself on the floor.  We have yet to experience a child like this at such a young age...whew. 

 And here I am feeling like I'm due tomorrow...belly button popped out and stretched to the max! No pressure, just a constant ache in my upper tummy muscles. This makes it especially hard to carry by baby outside the womb right now. But as soon as the baby inside the womb is out, I will be able to hold my sweet Matthias more...I hope.
While God was totally faithful to my first non-medicated birth with Matthias, we are still quite anxious about the birth in 6weeks. It's just so soon! I remember WAY TOO much to want to do it all over again. But I am trying to rest in God's sovereignty and wisdom and remind myself of all the feelings of pure joy and ecstasy I felt after Matthias' birth.

2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It is a pleasure to meet you. :o)
Ahhhh, God has been faithful thus far, and HE will continue. Praying for you as you enter the final stretch with this pregnancy!

~Karen

JT and Angie said...

You look beautiful! Praying for you and your sweet baby! Miss you-

Angie