Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4th!

We met Rosalynn and the kids for lunch at a new and fancy Burger King/Papa John's. There is a playground area upstairs and thankfully it wasn't overrun by too many kids, so that Ros and I could relax for a moment for a chat. After BK, we took a good nap and then made an American flag in honor of July 4th. I really didn't think much of not being in the States on the 4th until tonight. The majority of Americans in the States will be enjoying fireworks tonight. It's really cool to think about so many people doing the same thing at one time. In my 27 years of life, this is the first time I won't be doing the "norm" on July 4th...just a thought that hit me with emotion without expecting it too.
We celebrated July 4th by going to the beach! There was a small sailboat competition and people from all over the world participating. The day was extremely windy. Darton's vocabulary has grown...he can now bark like a dog :)

No comments: