Monday, July 27, 2009

Raising Children

I read a post that prompted me to think and respond with the following: (it would be best if you go to the hyperlink first)

There is nothing small about your sacrifice! I too fight the same battle of computer time and the battle of showing my children the Lord through my actions. I am thankful thought that the Lord is the one who can only change their hearts and I will do my best to raise my children in the admonition of the Lord. I will teach them that God has a hand in everything…ABCs & 123s. I will teach them that He is their Savior if they choose Him as Lord of their life. I will not treat my children as pagans who are on their way to Hell unless I do something about it. No, I will teach my children instead how daily life encorporates living by the Word of God and pray that one day I will get to see fruits of the Holy Spirit working in them. Press on Sister! Don’t be overcome by fear and timidity, but walk in the Spirit and your children will know that God is real.


Now I know this isn't anything profound, but it caused me to put thoughts into words that I hadn't before which helps me to be more grounded in my beliefs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann, thanks for your comment. It's so awesome having other moms who desire and strive for the same things and can help keep one another encouraged.