Monday, February 28, 2011

Matthias talking 3mths


Matthias will 98% of the time respond to you with a smile or a coo when you talk to him. He is such a joy! He doesn't like being alone and when he's tired he doesn't like it if you try to hold him and do another task. He wants your undivided attention on putting him to sleep. He crunches his tummy muscles to sit up and he can rotate 45 degrees when you lay him on his tummy. He loves to suck on his fist and he's my first baby with chunky thighs and baby boobies! I'm quite the proud nursing mama for that one.
When I nursed my first two I restricted myself too much by the clock (i.e. could only feed every 3 hours). I've taken more of the on-demand feeding approach with Matthias and my milk supply has increased. I've yet to give him a bottle, and my first two had breastmilk bottles by the time they were six weeks. I've also been more conscientious of increasing my liquid intake as well as drink one cup a day of Mama's Milk Tea. I've been told that it is rare in the DR for a baby boy's nourishment to only come from nursing. In fact, whenever he cries or sucks his fist any Dominican nearby (including my gardner) tells me he's hungry! There will be a post later about having a newborn in the DR.

No comments: