Friday, March 18, 2011

Agua de Coco

Last Monday Sarah was barking up a storm and I went outside to find a man in the lot behind us cutting coconuts off the tree. It was a great show for my parents who have been in town this week. The man LOVED getting his photo taken and in this first picture he is cutting down a limb so that I can get a better view of him to take a photo! (I didn't ask him to cut the limb.) More than likely he has never seen himself in a picture. I'll get copies made for him. Nice pose!

Making his way down the tree.He let a few coconuts fall in our yard to enjoy agua de coco (coconut water). I learned after taking this video that there are 3 stages to the ripening of a coconut. These coconuts only had the liquid to enjoy. As they ripen they will have the water and a slimy inner coating to eat. The last stage is the dry coconut that I posted videos of last week.


No comments: