Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lots of Stuff

We went to an air show this weekend down by the ocean. We had a good time and although there aren't any airplanes in the picture below we wanted you to see how important it is to find shade in the DR. Have you ever seen people stand in a line of the shade from a palm tree??? or even a powerline post??? It's quite humorous when you first see it, but you quickly learn to line up in the shade yourself! :) Matthias turned 4 months this week and enjoys his exersaucer. Stephanie and Andrew gave this to us when we had Adeline. Matthias, however, is our first child to get to experience it with batteries in it!

Well he doesn't enjoy it all of the time...
Since figuring out that my kids truly enjoy time with mommy without their siblings, I've been making it a priority to have "dates" with them. Darton and I went to a nearby pasteleria (bakery) for our date. He only looks at the camera these days when HE WANTS TO!

I got to have a date all by myself on Tuesday night. Two months ago I was fired up to be a mommy of 3. Now I JUST WANT TIME BY MYSELF! :)
The International Women's Club held a night activity where we went to listen to two ladies who own a school here. I even put on my boots ;). (pic courtesy of Darton)

3 comments:

Grandmommie and G-dad said...

Darton did a good job with the photo! Glad you had some time out. Love ya, Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

Hi ann, nice and blessed family..missing you all
With love from Tanzania

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous!