Thursday, March 24, 2011

Grandmommie & Gdad

My parents came to visit us last week and we thoroughly enjoyed their stay. Friends have commented on how short my parents' stay was and I've learned that an American vacation is very short compared to other parts of the world.

Visit to the North Coast
Natural fruit juices are a very popular drink in the DR. Most restaurants carry fresh orange juice (jugo de naranja) and fresh limade (limonada). When the season is right, you can also almost always order fresh passion fruit (jugo de chinola). The word chinola is a much better word for a passion fruit. I expect a sweet drink when I hear "passion fruit," but jugo de chinola is the exact opposite. In fact chinola is undrinkable without added sugar. For some reason we have a beer picture of Adeline and Darton, so I figured we might as well keep 'em going ;). If I haven't told you, Matthias smiles all the time! Bad days are impossible since I have a son who smiles at me every time I talk to him!

No comments: