Monday, November 3, 2008

Midnight Scare & God's Sovereignty

Last night Darton woke up around midnight for a feeding. While I was in his room I heard noises, and I looked out the room to see Scott walking around. I asked what he was doing. He said, "Killing a cockroach!"


Now how did he come across a crockroach in the middle of the night????


It woke hime up because it was crawling on his HEAD!! I was mortified that a large crawling bug was in my bed. I told him it must have come through the hole that hasn't been patched yet below our air conditioner.


Here's where the Lord's Sovereignty comes into play...I usually sleep directly under the hole. So if I hadn't been feeding Darton, I would have been the one with a cockroach on my head! I'm not kdding when I say "Praise God" it was Scott's head (and he agrees) and that he was home. Needless to say, we pushed the bed away from the wall (an easy thing on tile floors) and then watched the hole for the next couple of minutes before falling asleep.


2 comments:

Judy said...

One of the things I have always loved about Nevada is NO Cockroaches! However, being from Mississippi I can tell you that powdered sugar mixed with boric acid will kill them. They like it so they will eat and then die. We kept it out all the time hidden in dark corners so the kids can't get to it.

Lisa Haveman said...

You are still a lot braver than me.. I wouldn't have ever fallen back asleep!