Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Can I Walk the Walk or Just Talk the Talk?

I am ending my study of Luke and one of the questions about Peter's 3 denials of Jesus took me back to Luke 12:4-9 which I found encouragment in today. It would be great to think that I would be able to recall these verses if ever put in the same position at Peter. But I know, that I too am weak.


And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him! Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? An not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Also I say to you, whoever ocnfesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God. But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.


What I find incredible is that there are people in history, Christian martyrs, who took these verses to heart when they were being burned at the stake or drowned with their hands tied for their faith in God.

No comments: