Monday, October 26, 2009

God's Plan vs My Plan

My plan for today...
1. take Adeline to school
2. pay internet bill
3. transfer money at the bank
4. take Ana's cousin Romana to a friends' house for a job opportunity
5. take Darton & Sarah to park for a mid-morning play
5. play date with Darton in the afternoon

God's plan for the day...
1. take A to school
2. buy a freshly sqeezed orange juice from the juice guy on his bicycle (this decision is important for later)
3. transfer funds
4. pay bill
5. get Romana, Darton, and Sarah and head to friends' house around the corner
6. HAVE A CAR WRECK!!

Directly outside of my friend's apartment a guy hit me hard enough to make each of his front tires bow out and to twist my axle enough that when I'm driving straight my steering wheel is at a 20degree turn to the right. No one was hurt...gloria a Dios...just shaken up. I spent from 10a-2:30ish filing the claim with the police and insurance (this is why the OJ from earlier was important to have had). We are now waiting for the insurance to approve the repairs. Maybe I'll take a picture tomorrow to show the damage...
My Barrick girlfriends have extended both arms in support and Rosalyn came over for support tonight. Denny came to the scene of the accident so that I'd have a familiar face and Cynthia brought Adeline home from school so that I didn't have to postpone the police report. Barrick's safety man was there within 15minutes and did all of the leg work for me. My Christian girlfriend, April, whose apartment we were going to "knew" that when she heard the crash it was me. She took Darton home for me, brought us cold water to drink, had an English speaking Dominican friend in the apartment complex come and aid me, and took pictures of the accident. Wow, I really do have a family here in the DR! I learned today that I CAN NOT speak or understand Spanish when in a crisis situation. It was quite helpless feeling.

3 comments:

BradandJen said...

Wow! Praise God you all are OK. It's so nice everyone came together to help you out.

Lisa Haveman said...

I am SO sorry to hear about your accident and am SO happy that everyone was ok. What a blessing your friends are!

Anonymous said...

Praise God you're ok!! Man, you've had just a little too much excitement lately. Too bad we don't live near one another, or I would make you some sweet tea and cake.