Thursday, October 29, 2009

Truthful Thursday

Biblical Vision for Parenting: (Shepherding a Child's Heart - Tripp)

Involves being a kind authority, shepherding your child to understand himself in God's world, and keeping the gospel in clear view so that my child can internalize the good news and someday live in mutuality with me as people under God.

The purpose for my authority in the lives of my children is not to hold them under my power, but to empower them to be self-controlled poeple living freely under the authority of God.

The sheperding process helps a child to understand himself and the world in which he lives...to assess himself and his responses...to understand himself as a creature made by and for God...and to help shepherd his thoughts to learn discernment and wisdom.

No comments: