Sunday, October 4, 2009

Whoa Nelly...It's October!

Where's the cool weather that comes with October? NOT IN THE DR! We booked out tickets to TX for the month of November and look forward to getting to wear long-sleeved shirts.
I had to go and look at the pics on the camera to remember what we did this week. The days are just zipping by. This was the first week that Adeline didn't cry when I dropped her off at school! I have found that the trick is to not expect her to be a "big girl" but rather hold her and make sure she feels secure before we walk out the door. After we dropped A off at school on Monday D had some coloring time. He loves his time without his sister! We got to play with Hartleigh a couple of times this week. The girls are playing dress-up. H's outfit was mine when I was a young ballerina.
Darton spent every morning this week without diapers. He is the CUTEST THING. He tells you "tt" and if he has had an accident he will come and get me and take me to it. he tells you when he's "all done" on the potty and then waves and says "bye bye" when we are flushing. I know TMI...but it is sooo precious to see my almost 1 1/2yr old growing up.
A real boy can wear his sister's panties and ride a horse ;) I seriously must get him some underwear.
Here the kids are welcoming Daddy home from work. It's always a sweet moment when Daddy comes through the door.





We overdid the hosting this weekend, but don't regret it. I told Scott that I wouldn't do it to hime again. He really likes to have one afternoon to get a nap in order to catch up on any lost sleep from the week. Anastasia came over for about 4hours on Friday and then we had 2 couples over for dinner Friday night. We took dinner to a girlfriend who just had her 3rd baby and then went to the Short Story Date Night that I started up in September. We had a couple over for lunch today and are now just relaxing without having to get the house ready for someone else. I'm having mommy's over tomorrow afternoon, but I have Ana to help me get the house ready for them. I love having people over and aspire to have my home to be a home like Judy Cox's. A home where people can put their feet up and enjoy other's company. A home where people are comfortable enough to fix their own glass of tea. :) I'm going to try to get videos uploaded to YouTube tonight of the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Darton's picture with Adeline's underwear! Classic blackmail picture. :)

And I totally agree with you on having an open house. It is our policy that no one ever knock, but come right in and help yourself to everything. I read a quote once that said "Welcome to our crazy, loud, happy home. Feel free to join us". I always want our family/home to be that way.