Monday, April 25, 2011

Camping in the Dominican

We survived our first camping trip with 3 kids! I had my hesitations, namely being security, but the trip was great! Scotty found an official camping ground (rare and even unheard of in the DR) near the mine. Scotty grew up camping and I am so very thankful to Papa Geer for all the camping trips he provided for his family. Going camping with Scott isn't much work at all. He puts up the tent and cooks the food.


The kids loved playing around the fire. Hotdogs for dinner.


I LOVE watching my kids get dirty when they are having fun at it! I guess that's why camping doesn't bother me so much.


Smores for desert!



The kids COULDN'T WAIT to go "Fish n Caught." Adeline's coined phrase for going fishing to catch fish. She does this a lot actually and flips her words around. The one that comes to mind is "jacket lite" for life jacket.





Sarah's first vacation since we moved into the house almost a year and a half ago. She did great!

Our happy boy
Scotty trying to make the worms come out of the ground.


Adeline & Daddy going hunting for bugs

They found lots of termites! Our 10 man tentDarton chasing butterflies among the baby pine trees. Daddy and his girl. He told her last night that one day boys are going to like her but not to worry because he will help her pick out the best one. I love my husband!






Matthias has been my chubbiest and he's really not all that chubby. The result of on-demand feeding! Didn't know it existed with the first two.

3 comments:

Grandmommie and G-dad said...

God is faithful to His promises! Phil 4:8 is a great one to think on. Love you lots, Mom and Dad

Seba said...

Hi! Can I ask you something about your trip? (We are planning to travel around RD sleeping in a tent).
How long was your trip? Where did you go there? What about security? (This is what I am worry about...).
Thank you, and congratulations!
Seba.

Kostanos said...

Hi, good travel. We also love to travel with our two kids. Would like to keep in touch with you to exchange the experiences. Add me in FB: https://www.facebook.com/kostanos