Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Book Reviews with a Christian Focus

Squeaky Clean ReviewsSqueaky Clean Reviews




I came across this website today and look forward to putting it to use and adding a few of our own reviews. We used it to buy a couple of Ballyntyne Adventure Christian Classics due to the current sale on Vision Forum.
Scott has taken Saturday and Sunday nap times for the past year to read the kids to sleep. Scott started with Princess Adelina and Scott and I had a hard time putting it down! He then read When a Man's a Man by Harold B Wright, a book that we found within the first month of our marriage at a antique store in Branson, MO. Scott thoroughly enjoyed this book although it's language style was a bit rough to read outloud. He researched it's history online and found it was written by a pastor and a best seller in 1916. Too funny.
For Father's Day, I bought a couple of Lamplighter Rare Collector Series books from Light of Faith Resources. Scott read The Lost Ruby, The Lost Child and is currently reading Faithful but not Famous.
I'm usually asleep within the first 10 minutes, so I will have to resource Scott for plot, etc. when the kids get old enough to read these on their own. In all honesty, even if I did listen to the entire book or even read the book myself I would forget the details of the book. Scott on the other hand has a memory like I've never seen! (it can be quite frustrating actually)

No comments: