Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Fairy Tale 21 Hours

Scott and I celebrated our 7th anniversary Thursday night and Friday. We are celebrating a month late since I'm not nursing any more and we could get away for a night.
We stayed in a very nice hotel in the Colonial Zone (established in the 1500s by Colombus and Spanish colonists). The history of the area includes ruins of the first hospital in the New World and the first Roman Catholic church.
Scott had let the hotel know ahead of time we were celebrating our anniversary. When we entered the room there were these amazing gifts -

chocolate cake and fruit plate (mango, kiwi, grapes, banana, chinola (passion fruit) ) [side note: have you ever eaten a kiwi by slicing it in half, like they did below, and then using a very small spoon to eat it out of the peel? It was brillant!]
a box of cigars and a bottle of champagne
It was the kind of hotel that supplied you with slippers and robes. I had to take a picture of this sign on the robe. It's always amusing how something might translate. Really?? Can a bathrobe "seduce" me?
We had a nice dinner on the hotel patio and then headed to the beach the next morning. This picture was taken before we left the hotel. I received the "dress" as a gift from a girlfriend for my 30th. After I got the "dress" out of the gift bag all the girls wanted to check it out. They ALL commented how they loved the "dress" and how cute it would be as I got bigger with the pregnancy. I then said, "A DRESS??? THAT'S A SKIRT!" They all emphatically disagreed and so I wore it as a dress for our anniversary trip. Yes, Adeline was quite aware that mommy wasn't covering her shoulders when we returned and I had to explain to her that sometimes mommy wears things "just for daddy." (although Scott agrees that it's a skirt ;) ) I'll put a tank or tee under it and have fun with it as a dress though ;)

We had breakfast in the Colonial Zone as well.
We then went to a restaurant on the beach for about 4 hours and enjoyed reading books. Reading a book on the beach doesn't happen when you have toddlers, so this was part of my fairy tale story.
Scott is talking to the kids in the picture.
I told Scott after the trip how much I felt loved and lavished by our 21 hours alone. I also told him our time made me feel pretty, and yes, I'm going to say it, sexy. As a mommy of toddlers and pregnant with our 4th (when I hadn't gotten rid of all my 3rd baby junk in the trunk), these two adjectives don't come into my head very often when I'm describing myself. However getting to get dressed up for the company of my husband only can make a gal feel really special. :)
Thank you Scotty for learning what makes me feel loved!

1 comment:

Grandmommie and G-dad said...

Can't believe it's been 7 years and 3 (almost 4) babies! Praise God from whom all blessings flow.