Friday, September 2, 2011

Perritos

Matthias' bug bite has healed, but by day #3 of the augmentin he began to get a rash and have non-stop diarrhea. By Tuesday, day #4, we took him off of the augmentin. Now the question is is he allergic to only augmentin or other antibiotics as well? Unfortunately he is now showing signs of getting the cold his brother and sister are fighting.

I am finally out of "survival mode" (aka out of 1st trimester), and I have the energy to exercise. I am usually accompanied by at least one child on my journeys, but I went out on my own into the neighborhood for a brisk walk this morning. I had two choices on my route to get home. The route I chose had a box of puppies that had been left out to die. I am NOT an animal lover. I don't play with animals, including my own. I know it's quite heartless. However I can't let one of God's creations starve do death either. I took the box and the 5 bug infested puppies to the vet and the vet graciously is only charging me their cost for the meds and food and no cost for them to stay there for 3 weeks. It seems that they are only about 4 weeks old. It is my job to find them a home. We will more than likely keep one since Sarah is a pack dog and would LOVE a playmate. Unfortunately there isn't an SPCA to drop the dogs so although the dogs may be fortunate I came across them, I don't know how fortunate we are.

1 comment:

Grandmommie and G-dad said...

Hope Matthias is feeling better. Can't believe the puppy story...I bet Adeline and Darton are excited!