Thursday, September 17, 2009

Darton update

Darton's cuts are healing very well and he can now open his hand completely without being in pain. At 17mths his vocabulary is growing by the week and he is now saying

nigh nigh
cracker
shoe
ball
"sur" - basura (trash)
down
gato - cat
dog
poo poo
tee tee (I actually have him in training pants today because he wants to go so often)
diaper
I want bie (bite)
I want that
Not that
I own see (I want to see)
I am very thankful that he is using sign language as well. The one he uses most often so that he doesn't get frustrated is "help." Instead of screaming at the toy, he comes and gets me and signs "help." He signs and says "eat." I'm very proud of him!
Making snickerdoodles on Monday. We've started house hunting...yes I know what you are thinking about the color

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that house! But you have to leave the color. How often can you say you lived in a lime green house! :)

Miss Mommy said...

I LOVE the color! That is just the culture, and it is endearing. Beautiful house. Actually, your kitchen looks amazing where you are...how long do you think you'll be in the DR?

Way to go, Darton, on your words and signing!

Jaye said...

yay for cuts healing! He's got quite a vocabulary. Good stuff. I'm studying a lot about reading, and most recently about "literacy activities" that happen in the home going to school, so I love seeing the things that happen with little ones signing.

Will you buy the house?... and yeah, I was also thinking the other day... do you plan to be in the DR a very long time? or go somewhere else?

Unknown said...

We are so happy that Darton is better. And, of course, so proud that he is using words and signs more. Seems it all started once we left for home...just thrilled he is not so frustrated. Can't believe the potty training!! Love you and miss you, Grandmommie and G-dad

Hoss said...

It would go good with a corona and lime!