Monday, September 14, 2009

Having a boy...

D man turned 17mths this past weekend. Over the past 2 months or less I'm finding that having a boy means lots of falls. Poor thing always has a bruise on his forehead. He rarely gets knocked down, but rather trips over his own two feet...I'm actually wondering if one of his feet is turned in a little bit. He does a great job of falling and getting right back up without skipping a beat.
His sister on the other hand...whenever she falls she must cry like it's the end of the world and go screaming off away from people. She usually returns after a few yells and screams in a pleasant mood. It's quite nice that she's learned how to deal with her anger/embarrasment. Onlookers are always quite worried when she goes screaming off like a wild banchee, but I reassure them she'll be back in a few after some time alone :).......she is ALL FEMALE.
Back to my boy...
While Scott and I were getting ready for church on Sunday Darton had a bad accident....Adeline came to inform us of the accident and through stuttering words was able to spit out "Darton" and "beer." As you can see it's not beer, and the most amusing thing of it all was that she associates glass bottles with beer. That reminds me of a memory when she was younger than Darton. We used to sit oversized trash by our back door in Elko, including wine bottles. Adeline picked one up and brought it to me and said "Daddy." Quite humorous coming out of a 1yr old's mouth. Darton's spilled drink is a malt drink.
This picture is sideways, but you can see the blood D was sitting in when Scotty found him. We eventually discovered that all the blood was mainly coming from the cut you see below on his head. It's healing very nicely, but I'm sure will leave a scar. The worst cut is in the crease of his hand where his thumb connects to his palm. He protects it pretty well though and it's begun healing nicely as well. Praise God all his wounds can be taken care of in the home!

Our first "owie" for the weekend though was on Sarah. We put her int he back of the pickup while in the country and she jumped out. She ahs a nasty wound about the size of a nickle. I think it's healing well too. I'm keeping her indoors though until I see the wound has closed up.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

Yikes! First when I read this I thought... they're having a boy?! I didn't even know she was pregnant! Then I read and saw the pictures and I thought something really really bad happened to Darton... lol rollercoaster of emotions in this blog reading! Glad he wasn't hurt too badly. Thanks for your blog comment. I always appreciate them. :)

Laryssa Herbert said...

I'm so glad that you stopped by Heaven In The Home and left a comment!

I really enjoy that poem as well. :-)

Wow, I'm so sorry about what happened to Darton. :-( I'm glad he's okay!

Miss Mommy said...

Yikes! I am so glad it wasn't worse!

Those boys of ours...mine is crying out a nap as we speak...not even an option to get up right now. Sigh. :)