Thursday, September 3, 2009

Friends

It's been a week of hit or miss with the electricity, but at this very moment I have it and hopefully won't lose it before I finish the post. The worst part about no electricity is not having water...our pump/cistern/whatever system we have needs electricity to work. Adeline has picked up the phrase "No hay luz" (there isn't any electricity).

Tuesday I went to the Santo Dominican Country Club and joined the International Woman's Club. I was purposely trying to stay away from it last year for fear of being sucked "into the world" but am going to give it a try this year.
Late Tuesday afternoon I was aching for an activity, so I invited a couple of girlfriends over with their kids for frozen margaritas, and as you can see below, dancing. (Grammar moment: I really needed a pause in breath when you read the last sentence before the word "dancing" but can't decide if putting a comma there is a comma splice or not...nerdy I know) We played music statue and it didn't take Darton any time to learn that when the music stops you stop dancing...he was hysterical...he will be able to groove and move much better than his father ;)
Today I took Jonathan for the day to help Kathryn. Kathryn is due with #3 in 2 wks and Jonathan, her oldest, turns 3 in December. You can do the math on that one! Whew! She is super woman.
We went to the Botanical Gardens and suffered through the heat. It is currently the hottest it has ever been in the year we've been here.
Darton saying "cheese." He is quite the little ham, and when he's not crying is making us laugh at him!
Playing a game together.
Enjoying ice cream after the hot sun
Darton REFUSED to eat the ice cream while I was holding it, so I chowed down the majority of it while he was screaming his head off and then gave the last bit to him. The Dominicans were quite impressed he could "shut of" that quickly. Adeline's will has NOTHING on D-man's.
No hay luz about 30 minutes after we got home, so we hit the pool at the nearby hotel.

We're off to the waterpark tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there with the International Women's group, I believe, of course I am your mother, that you can remain firm in your faith and be a strong testimony to those around you. Now that is a long sentence!

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats frozen margaritas and dancing with kiddos!