Sunday, September 13, 2009

Diapers and Dishes are Encouraging

The kids, Sarah, and I headed to Bonao on Thursday afternoon to spend a couple of days in the country. We dropped off our car for maintenance and then headed to Rancho Wendy, pictured below. Thankfully the day was uneventful since I was solo with the 3 of them. Scott got to us around 7p and then we all headed out the next morning for a finca (farm) near the mine owned by a co-worker of Scott's. Here is the O'Kelly's finca along with Darton screaming at me. I've gotten used to it over the last 1 1/2yrs ;). AFter living in a city for the past year, I've come to the conclusion that heaven MUST be filled with lots of grass and NO noise!
The farm is only 15minutes or so from the mine. Scott and the OKelly's joined us on Friday night and we left the OKelly's on Saturday to head back to the city.
We've started the house hunting process. After a year in the apartment I'm ready to have green out my front door...or rather the kids are more ready than I am.

A girlfriend passed on this very encouraging article. I hope all you moms enjoy it as much as I did!

2 comments:

Danny Patterson said...

Don't you just love screaming boys? They are much, much, much different than girls. We are sort of finding this out on opposite sides. You are learning the wonders of boys and we are learning the wonders of girls.

Unknown said...

Great article, Ann. The words could not have been expressed better. Hope all will take the time to read. I praise God for your desire to please Him! Love you lots, Mom