Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Adeline is 5!

We celebrated Adeline's 5th birthday yesterday! I'm much more emotional about this birthday than any before!
We invited all her princess friends and greeted them with tiaras and scepters. Please note the correct spelling for princess in Spanish is "princesa"! oops
I didn't make one pom-pom...they are left-over from a baby shower at my house!
The girls painted princess masks and made beaded necklaces.
Everyone was asked to wear whatever made them feel like a princess!
We played Pin the Gem on the Crown and Pass the Apple (same concept as musical chairs).
Scott and I put our heads together and came up with the castle cake.
Training you sweet Adeline has stretched me and continues to stretch me! You are a loving big sister. One lady described you as someone with a character that demands respect yet mostly others describe you as timid. HOWEVER we saw you come out of your shell with our Nevada visit! It was then that I realized growing up in a country that doesn't speak your language isn't easy for you either. You do a wonderful job though willingly going to school, ballet, and Sunday school.
You have a very sensitive spirit and can sense a need to serve. You love a good cuddle yet have a hard time being praised. You forgive me lots as I'm learning to me your mommy and you LOVE all things sweet. May the Lord bless you to be a gentle, kind, and patient godly young lady.

God made you specifically for our family and I am so thankful He did!

1 comment:

Grandmommie and G-dad said...

Sorry we missed the party! She is growing up so quickly and becoming a charming young lady. We are so proud of you, Adeline!