Friday, August 5, 2011

Simplicity and Leisureness

God so many times meets me where I need Him, as I'm sure He does for you as well. All this week He has encouraged me or convicted me through the words of Oswald Chambers' Utmost for His Highest.

"A Christian is one who trusts the wits and wisdom of God, and not his own wits. If we have a purpose of our own, it destroys the simplicity and leisureness which ought to characterize the children of God. "

Really??? Simplicity and Leisureness as a mommy?? Being pregnant with number four and then the thought of trying to raise four children does NOT bring thoughts of simplicity and leisureness. However, Chamberss words convicted my spirit that that is exactly how my spirit & mind need to be characterized. I can rest in the God's control and absorb God's grace for me moment by moment.

Be encouraged.

1 comment:

Grandmommie and G-dad said...

Praise God! He continually uses others to speak His word to us. May we always be tender in hearing Him speak. Love, Mom