Thursday, February 5, 2009

Country Drive

Wednesday pool time on the balcony.
The white 4door truck in the background is Scott work truck. The blue garage is where we bought the Prado from.

We bought the car today!! A Toyota SVU is definately one of my dream vehicles, so I was all smiles today! Adeline has been in the habit of coming into our room to sleep at night...it hasn't been a fun battle with her to say the least. She decided to come into our room right before the alarm, so I thought my early morning drive alone with my hubby had come to an end. But to our suprise Adeline wanted to stay with Ana! You know you've been blessed with someone special when your children don't want to go with you (maybe that's just b/c Ana let's her jump on her bed when she is suppose to be taking a nap and eat candy when mommy isn't looking). We left our 2 1/2 year old daughter eating a bowl of oatmeal and watching Wallace & Gromit with Ana & Darton still asleep at 6:45am. I'm pretty sure that our little Darton won't be able to be left like that.

We looked at 3 houses while in Bonao, and one was do-able although there wasn't any yard to play on. We're still trying to decide if it's the right move for the family to live closer to the mine. For those looking for ways to pray for us, we'd covet your prayers in this area.

I drove the hour drive back home by myself with a coffee para llevar (to go) in hand. It was such a wonderful moment...I'm sure some of you mom's can relate. A drive alone with a coffee is one of the luxuries in life for me. Although is was raining, which it seems to do a lot of in the countryside, the drive was nice with lush, green mountains on either side of me. The highlight of the trip was driving through the orange groves. The rain on the orange farms produced a refreshing smell of a newly peeled orange. The scenery of the multiple men using the restroom on the side of the road beside their car (and NOT the ditch side) was the less desirable moments of the drive. But on my few times through the country of the DR I've learned to expect this :).

The kids, Ana, and I took the car for a drive this afternoon for some shopping, which is so much better with 4 hands to deal with the kids instead of 2! While I right this all I can think about is Skye, Lisa, Kimberly, & Jenny. Moms, I look up to you!

2 comments:

Lisa Haveman said...

I love your new "ride"!! And, yes, those quiet moments are so wonderful :)

Susie said...

Hi How are you all doing? I am working as a nanny for my brother and his wife.
We are doing well, I am glad that you got the news letter!
I just flew into PA today and I am staring my nanny job next week.
Good Bless!