Monday, April 6, 2009

Adeline's Habits and Readings

Adeline has gotten into the habit of watching a movie or a portion of a movie every morning when she wakes up. She's gotten into a nasty habit of waking up around 6:30a, so I am more than willing to turn on the tv in order to get some time to myself to get the day started. For the longest time she watched Wallace & Gromit and then in February moved on to Aladdin (although she called it Daddy & Mommy). Scotty didn't approve of this movie choice, but thankfully it didn't become an issue because in March her choice became Alice in Wonderland. I remember not liking that movie at all as a child. Scotty watched a couple of scenes with her and pointed out that somebody had to be smoking something when they wrote that story! Her movie of choice for the last week has been The Prince of Egypt (or Moses as she calls it). We at least now get to talk about God in relation to her movie.
Adeline and my routine at nap and bedtime is to read. We finished the Chronicles of Narnia the last week in March. My favorite was the Boy and His Horse.
Since we have been regularly riding horses, I picked up Black Beauty to read to her next. It's not taking much time to get through it. I have never read this classic book, only remembered that the movie was pretty sad and dark.
Black Beauty has done WONDERS for my relationship with Sarah. It really couldn't come at a better time since she's in heat, which is probably also helping our relationship because I feel a female connection to her now. WOW! ANN FEELS SOMETHING FOR A DOG! Yes, I just said that. Anyways, I know BB is fiction, but Anne Sewell makes you feel like she really knows the ins and outs of a horse. Sewell has made me think about what Sarah feels and thinks more than I was doing. The effect has also trickled down to our horse ridings...I reached out and patted the horses face! Craziness I tell you.

3 comments:

BradandJen said...

I hated Alice in Wonderland too! I thought it was creepy. I am so impressed that you are bonding with the dog. Bonding with animals does not come naturally to me. Some people say that makes me a communist or something...

Miss Mommy said...

I am so impressed that you read such "old" books to Adeline.

Prachar family said...

So glad God led you to check out Agape. He does have a perfect plan!