Sunday, April 26, 2009

Night Out


Scotty and I enjoyed a night out last night at the International Woman's Club Gala. Events start late here, which works out for us because we can put the kids to bed at 8p and leave the house abound 8:30p and still be early for an event! A friend's 17yr old son stayed here at the house and ended up just staying the night. I talked to his mom today and she said Tyler felt comfortable here (we had only met him on Friday night) and enjoyed time away from his family. I think we can arrange for Tyler to have more nights away from his family :)
Tyler's family is here with International Mission Board through the Southern Baptist Convention. God orchestrated me meeting Dana, the mom, at an allergy appointment back in February.
As you can see the Gala attire was dressy (cocktail). This is the dress I wore for my brother's wedding, but had it cut off this week for the Gala. Scotty's outfit is ironically what he also wore for my brother's wedding.
It was a wonderful night! So wonderful in fact that I woke up this morning still wishing I was at the party. Tonight I got in an awful mood and couldn't figure out why. Duh! I was coming off of the high of the time lat night with my hubby and just thinking about how tomorrow starts the regular routine again with him at the mine. There was a silent auction last night and Scotty suprised me by buying a beautiful necklace with larimar, amber, pearls, and coral. I wore on the dance floor and EVEYRONE stopped us and said "You are the lucky one who got the necklace!" I smiled and gave all the credit to my hubby. Here is the designer's blogsite http://www.dominiquecalderonj.blogspot.com/. To get in a better mood tonight, Scotty suggested I put on the necklace....it worked ;).
Adeline woke up before Scotty and I did from our naps. Scotty found her playing in the sugar and leftover coffee. She had also finished the bottle of NervoHeel (a homeopathic calming pill). Drawn on herself with a pen, destroyed her closet, and rearranged her clothes in the dresser drawers. The most striking/disappointing thing was that she had NO REMORSE!

The biggest news of the weekend......DARTON TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS!

1 comment:

Lisa Haveman said...

You looked so beautiful in your dress.. and I love the necklace! Can't believe Darton took his first steps already!! And, Adeline's little adventure was pretty funny!! We miss you guys!