Monday, April 20, 2009

The Trials of Having a Son

We had our first emergency room experience this morning. I put Darton in the Prado and shut the door, but not completely, while I was getting the stoller out of the storage closet. Darton thought banging on the window would be fun, but since I didn't have the door completely shut he came out head first onto the concrete. Within the minute I was a hystarical mess because I thought his head was dented in (come to find out it probably was). After making a couple of phonecalls though the tears, we got into the car and drove to the hospital. By the time we arrived he had drank a bottle and had stopped crying. We waited maybe 10minutes to see a doctor who told us if there was no vomiting or rolling of the yes, then he's fine. Praise God! I had expected xrays and more. We left without even having to pay...don't have that one figured out.

Because I was so hysterical, Scotty assumed the worst. I feel the worst for him since he couldn't be here and see that his little boy was fine. He had even scheduled to leave the mine within an hour and half after I called him. I reassured him that he didn't have to come home.

The best part of this experience is that we were forced to find the hospital and think through who we would call in an emergency. Barrick personel found out very quickly that I was taking Darton to the hospital and called me to make sure he was okay.

This is an angle where you can see his raised bruise.

Here you can see his concrete burn.

3 comments:

BradandJen said...

Poor baby and poor mom and dad. We were thinking about you guys all day. It's amazing how well God designed little boys.

Lisa Haveman said...

poor little Darton! We send him our hugs, kisses and wishes for a quick healing! And, don't think you're a bad mommy because you're not! These things happen....

Miss Mommy said...

Bless your heart!!!!!!!!!!!!! I soooo feel for you and am so sorry. Glad Darton is okay. :)