Saturday, April 11, 2009

Darton's First Birthday



Darton turning one has been much more emotional for me than when Adeline turned one. He's till so much of a baby to me too, and I remember thinking how Adeline wasn't a baby any longer when she turned one.

Four couples that are all friends that we have met here and we consider family came to celebrate in the park with us. I cooked a good Texas meal of brisket, beans, and potato salad. Buying brisket here was a fun challenge. I took my cookbook with a picture of the cut and what the meat looks like and all the butchers looked at me clueless. God stepped in at this time and next to me there was a lady ordering meat who spoke English. But she wasn't just any lady...she was the head butcher's wife! She called her husband who knew what I was talking about and he then talked to the other butchers and the order was placed! I picked it up the following morning. Yeah for God being in control of all things!



1 comment:

Miss Mommy said...

Good grief!! I feel like we were separated at birth- that is EXACTLY how I feel about Luke! Rebekah was such a little grown-up already and Luke is still sooo much of a baby that I am at a loss (aka denial) that he is turning one. i am thrilled b/c surely that means that one day he will embrace other people (literally :)) and experiences...right?? He turns one on Friday. Weird.

Anyway, no Easter eggs or bunny here either. In fact, all the eggs are brown, so we boiled them and then colored on them. Whatever. :)