Monday, April 13, 2009

Bonao



We went "camping" this weekend in the countryside. It was gorgeous! We had yet to drive through the mountains and the lush scenery and steep mountainsides were breathtaking. The place we stayed is Rancho Wendy http://www.ranchowendy.com/. We ended up in a room w/no warm water and the pipe that was the "showerhead" shot straight into the toilet since the bathroom was just one room with no separation for the shower. It was pretty funny...but we opted out of the showers since we only stayed one night. We got to bathe in a pond at the end of a waterfall instead. :)The first part of the hike we had to cross this bamboo bridge. I held my breath pretty much the whole time...especially when Darton's hat flew off and I caught it with one foot. Nerve Racking!!

Many times in the country there are pigs, goats, donkeys, horses, etc grazing or tied up to a tree. Lots of skinny horses, which I didn't take much notice to until I've been reading Black Beauty. What a sucker I am. We had no idea what the trail was like, so the guides had to carry Darton a few times. One of the things we left in Elko that we need here is our framed child carrier for hikes!I guess the years in Boyscouts gets you to the point that you can walk across an unstable bridge with a 2yr old on your hip!On Saturday we drove through the mountains. Here is a picture of a waterfall.


Can you see the mansion someone built out on a ledge?


We got out of the car and walked 100 meters to a waterfall with random PVC pipe extending from the water. Got to get your water somehow...

Once you're in the country it's hard to go back to the city of 3.5million. We enjoyed the peace and quite. We still toss around the idea of moving to the country to be closer to Scott, but I'm just too much of a people person to do that right now. I'm sure we could make friends, but I'm enjoying the English speaking friends here in the city. We'll see what the future has for us.

1 comment:

Lisa Haveman said...

this looks awesome!! I'll show this website to Casey... something we might be interested in...